Relax your mind, body and soul with the benefits of Hopi Ear Candling
Be Inspired Relax and Calm the Mind and Soothe the Head and Ears.
This effective treatment brings wonderful relaxation, a deep sense of security and a feeling of happiness, as well as many other physical benefits
The oldest Native American Tribe called the Pueblo people with great medicinal knowledge and a high degree of spirituality, brought this knowledge to Europe.
Hopi candling is an effective therapy which will calm the mind and soothe the ears and head. This treatment can help when suffering from clogged ears which can result in headaches, sore throats, sinusitis, excessive wax, ear ache and catarrh.
Hopi Ear Candling is a painless, soothing, cleansing treatment that can eliminate the need for syringing. Its effects are deeper and last longer.
Be assured that every precaution will be taken for your safety and comfort. This technique will be administered with both care and skill.
What happens in a treatment?
The client lies on their side, fully clothed and the special ear candle is gently inserted just inside the ear, the candle end is lit which creates a light suction / vibration action, which has a massage effect on the ear drum. You will hear a pleasant crackling sound. This induces a pleasant feeling of warmth and balances pressure in the ears, sinuses and forehead. Wax and impurities are gently drawn out.
Indications for treatment:
- Excessive or compacted wax in the ear.
- Irritation in ears and sinuses.
- Swimmers ear caused by a bacterial infection of the ear canal.
- Bells Palsy—an injury to the facial nerve which produces paralysis of facial muscles.
- Glue ear—malfunction of the Eustachian tube resulting in fluid accumulation in the middle ear.
- Labyrinthitis—inflammation of the inner ear causing vertigo, vomiting, loss of balance and deafness.
- Meniere’s Disease—a disorder of the inner ear characterised by episodes of deafness, tinnitus and vertigo.
- Noise in the ears, ringing, tinnitus.
Benefits of Hopi Ear Candling
- Promotes calm in cases of excessive excitement and stress.
- Co-ordination of the cerebral hemisphere.
- Pressure regulation in cases of sinusitis, rhinitis, glue ear, colds, flu, headaches and migraines.
- Simulation of local and reflex blood flow.
- The treatment will take between 45 minutes and 1 hour. Both ears will be treated to maintain body balance. This is then followed by a facial massage to increase the benefits.
Two or three treatments are advised before effects and benefits will take place.
This treatment includes a Pressure Point Facial Massage to help unblock the sinuses and stimulate the pressure points in the face to enhance the treatment further.
The ear has a ‘self cleaning’ system. The layers of the skin lining the ear canal interact with oils produced by the ceruminous glands and move to the surface of the ear in the form of ear wax. When this self-defence and cleaning system can no longer function properly, a wax plug may then form. If this is not removed it may cause various problems.