Relax your mind, body and soul with the benefits of Hot Stone Therapy
Stone therapy is an wonderful and relaxing treatment and is used to create balance within the body. It provides a deep massage using either hot or cold basalt stones. It is the perfect treatment that is as enjoyable and healing for both the client and the therapist.
Stone therapy can be traced back to ancient Egypt, China and Incas.
- Increased circulation which allows the blood to flow more freely, helping to regulate hormones and the immune system, promoting self – healing.
- Higher metabolism—increasing the rate at which the body processes food, toxins and burns energy. The Heat may help to regulate digestion.
- Detoxification of the body – increased lymph function which improves the efficiency of the body’s waste disposal system.
- Helps to relieve pain and muscle spasms.
- Reduces muscle tension by the concentrated heat and massage from the stones.
- Reduces inflammation from cold stones, which can also refresh the mind and body.
- Provides a deep sense of relaxation and well-being.
- Warm tendons will loosen faster and stretch further.
- It increases range of motion.
- Creates a feeling of peacefulness and spiritual well being.
- In many cases, warm treatment instantly soothes PMS-related symptoms.
- May ease bloating caused by water retention.
- May provide relief of chronic or temporary back and neck pain.
- Instant relaxation of tight and sore muscles.
- Heated stones gently and slowly elevate the body temperature.
- Warm temperature helps to expand capillaries.
- Flexibility increased as the connective tissues relax and benefit from the removal of waste and supply of nutrients is improved
- Warmth improves blood circulation and increases the body’s energy reserve
- An increase in microcirculation will bring oxygen to the cells stimulating cell metabolism
- Respiration and heart rate increases
- The systemic effect of the warm stones is sedative
When warm stones are applied to the skin they are aided by gravity. Application by the hand means the effect is intensified and penetrates the tissue layers up to and over 1.5 inches (4cms). Heat produced on the surface of the skin will be carried down to the deeper layers by the blood, and this is called conduction, which will cause local physiological and systemic changes in the body.
The reflex of the warm stones may be used to bring blood to the immediate skin area. The nerve fibre will carry the heat to the spinal cord. From the spinal cord the stimulus can travel to a related organ or another destination in the body – the skin area over an organ is in a reflex relationship to that organ.
What Are These Stones?
Warm stones are basalt, which is volcanic rock that can be found all over the world. On the exterior of a volcano is where basalt can be found, formed from the hot lava which spills out of the volcano on eruption. Years and exposure to the elements of sun, wind, hot and cold, rain and pressure these factors then press the minerals together resulting in a formed concentrated mass of minerals and crystals. Famous for their heat and cold retention properties, these mineral stones are a perfect choice for stone therapy.
This concentrated mass traps the energy present with the live, pulsing, vibrating lava as it spills out of an erupting volcano. It is in a positive way that basalt stones affect the body as they emit “vibrational” energy which will interact on one’s energy field namely the “Aura” and vibrations of the major chakras of the body.